- Step 1: Examine the makeup Examine the makeup and throw away any makeup that is expired, smells funny, has changed color, or has dried out. Also throw away makeup that you won't use.
- TIP: Old makeup can build up bacteria and germs that can cause infections, like pink eye and skin breakouts.
- Step 2: Sort items Sort items together. Group eyeliners, eye shadow, mascara, and blushes.
- Step 3: Wash brushes Wash brushes with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
- Step 4: Clean out the drawer Clean out the makeup drawer, and replace the liner with a new one.
- Step 5: Place items in organizer Place the makeup that you use on a daily basis in organizing trays. Place the organizing trays in your drawer.
- TIP: Makeup should be stored in a dry, cool place.
- Step 6: Stay organized Stay organized by returning your makeup back to its proper place when you are done.
- FACT: Eye shadows expire after two years, mascara after three months, and eyeliners after three months.
You Will Need
- Mild shampoo
- Organizing trays