- Step 1: Make a list Make a check list of everything that needs to be cleaned. Then assign yourself a different task to do each day.
- TIP: Following a system will help you stay on track.
- Step 2: Gather all supplies Gather all your cleaning supplies. Place them in a bucket so you can tote them from room to room.
- Step 3: Eliminate any distractions Eliminate any distractions by turning off the TV and letting the answering machine pick up the calls.
- Step 4: Get your family involved Get your family involved to make spring cleaning and organizing fun. Give everyone a job -- including children -- then do something fun afterward.
- Step 5: Make your house clutter-free Make your house clutter-free by donating items that are too small, and by recycling old magazines and newspapers.
- Step 6: Enjoy the weather Enjoy the weather by working on tasks outside. Clean out the garage, shed, and your car. Get your bucket and sponge ready to conquer your spring cleaning check list.
- FACT: A survey conducted by the American Cleaning Institute in 2010 indicated one of the top reasons why people spring clean is to remove clutter.
You Will Need
- Check list
- Cleaning supplies