- Step 1: Separate hair Separate the hair in the knot as much as possible with your fingers.
- TIP: If the hair will not separate, don't force it. You don't want to rip your hair out or break the hair at the knot.
- Step 2: Mix detangler Mix the water and conditioner, and pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Step 3: Spray on detangler Spray the detangler on the knotted hair until it is saturated. Then gently comb the knot out.
- TIP: Use short comb strokes to remove tangles and gently ease out knots.
- Step 4: Wash hair Wash and condition your hair as usual.
- Step 5: Dry hair Towel dry your hair and comb it out completely. Use your detangler as often as necessary to remove those stubborn snarls.
- FACT: The pompadour hairstyle is named after the Marquise de Pompadour, who lived in 18th-century France.
You Will Need
- 2 c. water
- 1/4 c. conditioner
- Spray bottle