- Step 1: Create a concept Create a concept for your wedding rings. Gather pictures of rings with design elements you like, or sketch out your ideas.
- Step 2: Get a quote Take your concept drawings and pictures to a jewelry designer to get a quote for the project.
- TIP: Check out custom ring designer tools online that use interactive design palettes to build wedding rings.
- Step 3: Be specific Discuss what you are looking for in your wedding rings, and be specific. Detail the kind of gem you want to be the main gem, gems for the sides, the metal for the ring, the band style, and the design.
- Step 4: Model the ring Have the jewelry designer take your ideas and create a wax model of your ring or a computer model of your ring.
- Step 5: Approve the model Examine the model. If the ring is to your satisfaction, then approve it. If not, work with the jewelry designer until you get the perfect ring model.
- FACT: During the reigns of King George I and King George II, wedding rings were often worn on the thumb.
You Will Need
- Pictures or sketches
- Jewelry designer
- Wax or computer model