- Step 1: Connect iPhone to your computer Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable.
- Step 2: Open iTunes Open iTunes, and confirm that your phone is properly connected and is in recovery mode. You should see a message telling your that your phone is in recovery mode and must be restored.
- TIP: Be sure you have the most recent version of iTunes. Visit the Apple website to download the latest version for free.
- Step 3: Select Restore under your iPhone's Summary tab in iTunes Click on your iPhone in the Device column and go to the Summary tab. Then select the Restore option.
- Step 4: Backup your settings Back up your iPhone settings by following the prompts in iTunes and selecting Backup.
- TIP: Your iPhone will perform a backup each time you sync it to your computer.
- Step 5: Restore your iPhone Restore your iPhone to its previous settings by selecting Restore when prompted by iTunes.
- Step 6: Keep iPhone connected until Restore is complete Keep your iPhone connected to your computer until the restoration process is complete. When it is finished, your phone will restart and the Apple logo will appear.
- Step 7: Select the backup you want to restore your phone to Select the most recent backup date from the drop-down menu when iTunes prompts you to set up your iPhone. Select Continue to complete the restoring process. Then disconnect your iPhone and breath a deep sigh of relief.
- FACT: In its first 3 days on the market, Apple sold over 1.7 million units of the iPhone 4.
You Will Need