- Step 1: Create a Google calendar Log on to your Gmail account, and click the Calendar button to create your Google Calendar if you've never used it before.
- Step 2: Open iCal Open iCal on your Mac. The minimum system requirements to sync Google calendar and iCal are Mac OS 10.5, also know as Leopard.
- Step 3: Go to Accounts Go to Preferences under the iCal drop-down menu, and click Accounts. Click the Plus button at the bottom to add an account.
- Step 4: Fill out the information Change the account type to Google, add your Google e-mail and password. Click Create.
- Step 5: Enter the server URL Under Server Settings, the server address should appear as www.google.com, and the server path should be /calendar/dav/[email protected]/user. Keep the Use Kerberos v5 for authentication unchecked.
- TIP: In earlier versions of iCal, you may have to type the server address and path in yourself on one line.
- Step 6: Sync the calendars If you had to type the server address and path manually, click Add to finish syncing your Google calendar with iCal. Now any dates you add to your Google calendar will appear in iCal.
- FACT: The Mayans had two calendars -- one for religious ceremonies that was 260 days long, and one that was a solar-based calendar that was 365 days long.
You Will Need