- Step 1: Search the web Search for a website that offers free web-based file conversion services that don't require downloading software.
- TIP: Note that changing the file extension may change what you can do with the file in other programs.
- Step 2: Upload your document Browse your computer to select the image or document you want to convert.
- Step 3: Select JPG format Choose "jpg," the file extension for the JPEG format, under the list of format options.
- Step 4: Enter your e-mail Enter your e-mail address to receive the converted file and press Convert.
- Step 5: Attempt the easy route If you're converting certain BMP or other image files, use a graphics painting or photo-editing program to convert to JPEG forat. Open the BMP file you want to convert in the painting or photo-editing program.
- TIP: If you can't find any free conversion sites, download free software.
- Step 6: Save the file as JPEG Re-save the opened file in JPEG format by navigating to the File menu, then Save As, select JPEG for the file type, and press Save.
- FACT: The JPEG name comes from Joint Photographic Experts Group, the organization that created the format.
You Will Need
- File conversion website
- Graphics painting or photo editing program
- Free software (optional)