- Step 1: Remove bedding Remove all bedding and let the mattress air out for a few hours. If possible, haul it outside for the day to get fresh air.
- Step 2: Vacuum the mattress Vacuum the mattress and box springs with a vacuum attachment.
- Step 3: Remove stains Remove any surface stains with upholstery cleaner. Invest in a mattress protector to prevent any future stains.
- TIP: Never clean a mattress with dry cleaning fluid; the chemicals could damage the mattress.
- Step 4: Flip the mattress Flip the mattress over and switch the top to bottom to help it wear evenly. This should be done every six months.
- Step 5: Spritz the mattress Spritz the mattress and mattress cover with a fabric refresher before you reapply the sheets to give it a fresh smell. Spring is in the air.
- FACT: While the average human sleeps seven to eight hours a day, a giraffe only sleeps for 20 minutes.
You Will Need
- Vacuum with attachment
- Upholstery cleaner
- Mattress protector
- Fabric refresher