- Step 1: Get loose Shop at vintage stores or thrift shops, or raid your boyfriend's -- or brother's, or dad's -- closet, for a pair of loose and baggy jeans. They should be worn-in and comfortable.
- TIP: Consider getting a pair of light wash jeans.
- Step 2: Show off your rear Pick a pair of boyfriend jeans that are loose, but not so loose that they sag in the rear.
- Step 3: Roll them up In warm weather, roll up the cuffs of your boyfriend jeans. They'll keep you cooler and in style.
- Step 4: Select the right rise Select either low-rise or regular rise, based on your body type. If you tend to be more pear-shaped or inverted triangle, go with low-rise. If you have an hourglass body type or a long waist, choose regular rise. Women come in different shapes and sizes, so pick a rise the suits you.
- Step 5: Wear with any shoes Wear with any shoes you like, whether it be boots, heels, sneakers, flats, or sandals. As long as the shoes match the occasion, they will also match your jeans.
- Step 6: Add a feminine top Complete the look with a cute top or sweater that shows off your curves and balances the whole outfit by making it more feminine.
- FACT: Levi Strauss first featured jeans made exclusively for women in Vogue magazine in 1935.
You Will Need
- Boyfriend jeans
- Shoes for the occasion
- Feminine top