- Step 1: Stay positive Stay positive and think of this as a way to get to know your co-workers and network with others in the company.
- TIP: Bring a friend with you to help you feel more at ease.
- Step 2: Participate Participate in activities to make the time go by faster. Participating will show others that you're a team player -- and you might even have fun.
- Step 3: Act professionally Always behave professionally. Even though you're away from the office, you are still at a work-related event.
- TIP: Limit or avoid alcohol if it’s available.
- Step 4: Eat Eat the picnic food, or at least taste it. People like to know their dishes are appreciated by others.
- Step 5: Relax and enjoy Just relax and decide you're going to enjoy yourself. You may find, at the end of the day, you actually did.
- FACT: In 2000, the French organized a 600-mile-long picnic -- the length of their country -- to celebrate the first Bastille Day of the new Millennium.
You Will Need
- Positive attitude
- Friend (optional)