- Step 1: Remove stains as soon as possible Remove stains as soon as possible. If you can't locate the urine stain, shine a black light on the mattress. The cat urine will glow in the dark.
- Step 2: Blot the area Blot the area with paper towels or a clean washcloth if the urine is still wet.
- Step 3: Use baking soda Draw out the urine from the mattress by sprinkling baking soda on the wet stain. As soon as the soda turns yellow from the urine, remove and apply more. Repeat the process until the baking soda stays white. Vacuum over the area when dry.
- Step 4: Remove with water and vinegar Remove the odor and dry stain by combing two parts water and one part distilled white vinegar in a bucket. Rub the stain with the solution using a washcloth. When the vinegar solution dries, rinse the stain with warm water.
- Step 5: Use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide Get rid of dry stains and odor by mixing 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 2 cups of hydrogen peroxide, and two squirts of liquid dish soap in a plastic spray bottle. Spray on the stain, and rinse with warm water.
- FACT: The Abyssinian cat is one of the oldest and one of the most intelligent breeds.
You Will Need
- Black light
- Paper towels
- Baking soda
- Distilled white vinegar
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Liquid dish soap
- Plastic spray bottle