- Step 1: Access Hotmail contacts Sign in to your Hotmail account and click on the Contacts link.
- Step 2: Click Manage Click Manage, and then Export. If prompted, enter the 8-character security code to continue.
- TIP: Highlight contacts You can listen to the security code read aloud if you're computer screen doesn't display it properly.
- Step 3: Save file When the box pops up allowing you to save your contacts as a CSV file, click Save.
- TIP: Paste to spreadsheet Save the file to your desktop or another folder that is easily accessible.
- Step 4: Access Gmail Contacts Sign in to your Gmail account and click on the Contacts button.
- Step 5: Import contacts Select Import from the More Actions menu, and choose the CSV file you saved. Then click Import to finish transferring your contacts. Now you can compose an e-mail from your contact list without having to toggle between programs to get the address.
- FACT: A 2003 study conducted by the Pew Internet and American Life Project stated that 93 percent of adult American internet users -- about 117 million people -- use e-mail.
You Will Need
- Hotmail account
- Gmail account