- Step 1: Find an art community Search the internet for an online art community that suits you. There are websites with large groups, like DeviantART, or smaller ones, for specialties such as graffiti art.
- Step 2: Enter account information Choose a username and password for your account, and enter any other required information, such as your e-mail address.
- TIP: Many online digital art communities allow you to join and participate for free, but some charge a fee for services. Read the fine print and be sure you understand the terms and conditions before submitting financial information.
- Step 3: Create account Create your account. Some sites may require you to verify your e-mail address before you can access their content and upload your own content.
- Step 4: Explore Explore the wealth of content available in the online digital art community. As you do, think about the kind of presence you want to have on the site.
- Step 5: Create a profile Create an appealing profile that describes and represents your interests and art-related activities.
- Step 6: Participate Participate in as many aspects of the online community as you want, from commenting in discussion forums to buying original digital art pieces.
- TIP: Familiarize yourself with the rules of the online community regarding inappropriate content, and be respectful in your comments on others' work.
- Step 7: Upload your art Upload your own digital art creations to gain exposure and constructive critiques of your work. The more you contribute, the more the online art community grows.
- FACT: Photoshop, a popular photo and digital editing software application, turned 20 years old in February 2010.
You Will Need
- and e-mail address
- Account information
- Art uploads