- Step 1: Sit at the table Sit across the table from your opponent. Flip a coin to decide who will play offense. The offensive player starts the game.
- Step 2: Fling the football Try to score a touchdown. "Lay the football":http://www.howcast.com/videos/422963-How-to-Fold-Paper-for-Paper-Football flat on the table in front of you and flick it to send it sliding forward. A touchdown is scored when the ball comes to a stop hanging partially over the opposite side of the table.
- TIP: A touchdown is worth 6 points.
- Step 3: Take turns Take turns trying to score a touchdown until someone succeeds. Flick the football from where it landed after your opponent's last turn.
- Step 4: Set up for the extra point Kick an extra point if you score a touchdown. Balance your paper triangle football on one point and hold the opposite point with your index finger. The defensive player makes a finger goal post by pointing their index fingers against each other while extending their thumbs with their fists on the table.
- TIP: You can also make goal posts by making two L shapes with your thumbs and forefingers and putting your thumbs together.
- Step 5: Flick the football Point the football toward your opponent and flick it with your free hand. Count an extra point if the football flies through the goal posts. Now it is your opponent's turn to try and score a touchdown.
- Step 6: Kick off when the ball hits the floor Kick off if the paper football hits the floor. Lay the football in your hand, palm facing up. Smack your fingers on the underside of the table to send the ball flying back on the table. Wherever it lands is where the next play begins.
- Step 7: Declare a winner Declare the person with the most points the winner when you are out of time to play with your triangle footballs. It's up, and it's good!
- FACT: The highest scoring National Football League football game was played in 1966 between the Redskins and the New York Giants. The Redskins won, 72 to 41.
You Will Need
- Flat table
- Another player
- Paper football