- Step 1: Pick a picture Upload or find a picture of a house cat in an unusual or particularly adorable pose or costume online. Then, write a short, amusing caption in standard English explaining the situation from the feline point of view.
- TIP: You can review standard LOLcat caption constructions for inspiration.
- Step 2: Simplify the grammar Rewrite the phrase to mimic the simplified, often erroneous grammar of a human toddler. Remove all indefinite articles (a or an) and words that don't impact an adult human's ability to understand the caption.
- Step 3: Check your spelling Spell words phonetically, removing any letters that don't directly affect a word's pronunciation. If a word ends with E, move the E before the word's last consonant to make it LOLcat. Then replace at least half of all Ss with Zs.
- Step 4: Tighten up Substitute numbers or symbols for words whenever possible. Add exclamation points mixed with the number 1 to emphasize important statements.
- TIP: You can also use an online LOLcat translator to convert your phrases.
- Step 5: Post it up Use an online LOLcat builder to add your kitten-ized caption to the photo -- in Impact font -- and post it online. Then, convert other phrases from your daily life into LOLcat and maek ur wurld hoel lot moar nturtainin!!! 11!! 11!!
- FACT: The picture used in the original I Can Has Cheezburger LOL was from a Russian ad for cat food.
You Will Need
- Internet access
- Picture of a cat
- LOLcat builder
- LOLcat translator (optional)