- Step 1: Combine oils Combine all oils in a small bowl to create a relaxing and soothing oil treatment. Protect the carpet and furniture with a towel before starting.
- Step 2: Warm the oil Warm the oil between your hands before working over both feet from just below the ankle to between each toe.
- TIP: Use long, firm strokes to increase circulation, warm the foot, and release tension.
- Step 3: Rotate the foot Grasp the heel of the foot with one hand and the toes with the other and rotate the foot clockwise, then counter clockwise several times to loosen the joints and ligaments.
- Step 4: Squeeze toes Squeeze each toe with firm pressure, especially around the knuckle. Grasp and pull the toe toward the tip, loosening your grip as you go. Repeat three or four times.
- Step 5: Work the pads Grab one foot with both hands like a book, and work the heel and pads in a circular motion using your thumbs.
- TIP: Apply more oil toward the end of the massage or when needed to reduce the friction.
- Step 6: Squeeze the foot Finish the massage by squeezing the foot together between both hands from the heel up to the toes and back again. Now, it's your turn!
- FACT: As humans age, we lose some of the fatty deposits in the balls of our feet. For women, this makes wearing high heels more uncomfortable.
You Will Need
- 2 tsp. castor
- or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 drops lavender oil
- 1 drop German chamomile oil
- 1 drop geranium oil
- Small bowl