- Step 1: Stretch the hands Open and close your hands several times to loosen the tendons, muscles, and ligaments and to get the blood flowing.
- Step 2: Stretch and massage the fingers Stretch and massage each finger by applying circular pressure to the knuckle. Gently pull on the digit towards the tip and loosen your grip as you go.
- TIP: Use hand lotion or exotic oils to decrease friction and make the massage more enjoyable.
- Step 3: Stroke the top of the hand Stroke the top of the hand from the knuckles up to the wrist being sure to carefully massage the tendons. Glide down gently and repeat.
- TIP: A good hand massage can help with other pains throughout the body and even help relieve headaches.
- Step 4: Work the palm Work over the palm with your thumb using a circular motion. Start at the wrist and workout around over each knuckle and down to the thumb.
- Step 5: Squeeze finger webbing Squeeze the webbing between each finger and the thumb several times, but be careful of any tender or sore spots and work them out gently.
- Step 6: Finish with the large muscles Finish the massage by working over the large muscles near the thumb and around the palm by pushing into them with the heel of your hand. Now ask your significant other to return the favor!
- FACT: The human hand consists of 27 different bones.
You Will Need
- Firm grip
- Gentle touch
- Hand lotion or exotic oils (optional)