- Step 1: Make a list Make a list of priorities with your trip mates or family. Consider your budget, and the type of beach you want to visit, such as quiet and secluded, or busy and active. Also list activities like scuba diving and surfing, and amenities, like dining, and entertainment.
- Step 2: Choose a top-10 beach Search online for one of the top 10 beaches in the United States, which you can find by doing a keyword search. Most of the beaches are in Florida and Hawaii, but South Carolina, Georgia, and California also make the list.
- TIP: Look into water quality if you plan on spending a lot of time in the ocean. The National Resources Defense Council puts out an annual report of beach water quality at about 3,600 beaches available at nrdc.org.
- Step 3: Punch in your specific needs Punch in your specific needs at travel websites that allow you to select traveler type, the activities you're interesting in, and hotel amenities. You'll get a customized list of destinations based on your preferences.
- Step 4: Get an affordable vacation Get a more affordable vacation by looking for the top-rated, popular beaches in your state or states within driving distance.
- Step 5: Select your destination Select the destination that meets the needs of all the travelers present and start packing!
- FACT: In 2008, Carnival Cruise Line broke the world record for the world's largest beach ball, which used 4,080.6 square feet of plastic.
You Will Need
- List of priorities
- Internet access
- Water-quality reports (optional)