- Step 1: Read the menu descriptions Read the menu descriptions. Avoid dishes that are dripping with sauce, deep-fried, creamy, crispy, or breaded. These items are usually high in calories, sodium, and fat.
- TIP: Opt for grilled, baked, or broiled sandwiches.
- Step 2: Order lean meats Order lean meats, such as chicken breast, turkey, or roast beef. They'll lack extra calories, but still be packed with flavor.
- Step 3: Ditch the skin and batter Remove chicken skin, mayonnaise, and dressing. This can save up to 240 calories and 16 grams of fat for one serving.
- Step 4: Control your portion size Control your portion size. Order regular-sized items rather than large and extra-large items.
- Step 5: Get rid of high-fat topping Get rid of caloric toppings, such as cheese, croutons, and bacon bits. Opt for healthy toppings, such as extra veggies, mustard, and pickles.
- Step 6: Reduce your sugar load Reduce your sugar intake by ordering a fruit bowl or yogurt, instead of ice cream or pie for dessert. Eat fresh, made-to-order foods whenever possible. Leave the fast food restaurant without feeling guilty by controlling the nutritional value in your meal.
- FACT: McDonald's serves over 60 million people in 117 countries every day.
You Will Need
- Menu descriptions
- Lean meats
- Portion control
- skim milk
- or unsweetened tea
- Fruit or yogurt