- Step 1: Wash and clean the kale Rinse and dry the kale, cut it in half lengthwise, and remove the stems and center ribs.
- Step 2: Coat the kale with olive oil Coat the kale with olive oil in a large bowl as you preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 3: Season with salt and pepper Lay the leaves in a single layer on two baking sheets and season them with salt and pepper.
- TIP: Place the kale on dehydrator sheets if you're using a dehydrator. Set the heat at 115 degrees, and dehydrate for three to four hours.
- Step 4: Bake Bake the leaves in the oven for 30 minutes, or until they're crisp, and transfer them to a cooling rack before serving. They're not only delicious, but they're filled with Vitamins A and C.
- FACT: Kale contains chemicals called glucosinolates that reduce the risk of cancer in humans.
You Will Need
- 12 large kale leaves
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Dehydrator sheets (optional)
- Dehydrator (optional)