- Step 1: Cut tortillas Cut each tortilla into 6 pieces. Spread out the tortillas in a single layer onto 2 large baking sheets.
- Step 2: Brush with oil Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush each side of the tortillas with oil.
- Step 3: Season with salt and bake Season the tortillas with salt -- use as much or as little as you'd like. Bake until they are crisp and golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- TIP: Rotate the baking sheets after 7 minutes of baking.
- Step 4: Serve Enjoy your homemade tortilla chips with your favorite dip or salsa. You'll never have to go back to bag chips!
- FACT: In 1961, the Frito Company and the H.W. Lay company merged to become Frito-Lay, Inc. As of 2010, they accounted for 59 percent of the U.S. snack industry.
You Will Need
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 12 6-in. round corn tortillas
- Dip and salsa
- Basting brush
- 2 baking sheets