- Step 1: Boil water Bring a large pan of water to boil.
- Step 2: Line ramekin with plastic wrap Line the ramekin with plastic wrap. Spray the plastic wrap with cooking spray, and crack an egg into the center.
- TIP: If you don't have cooking spray, use butter
- Step 3: Tie a knot above the egg Gather the 4 corners of the plastic wrap together in the center. Pinch the wrap just above the egg and twist the wrap ends into a rope. Tie a knot just above the egg.
- Step 4: Cook egg for five minutes Place the egg in the plastic wrap into the boiling water. Cook the egg for 5 minutes.
- Step 5: Remove egg from water and enjoy Remove the egg with a slotted spoon. Cut the wrap just below the knot and put your beautifully poached egg into a serving bowl, and enjoy.
- FACT: The Lung Association of Brockville, Ontario, set the world record for the largest omelet, making one that weighed 6,510 pounds in 2002.
You Will Need
- Boiling water
- Plastic wrap
- Small ramekin
- Cooking spray
- Slotted spoon
- Butter (optional)