- : Use makeup or paints that are non-toxic and easily removable. Follow the package instructions and remove the products if any irritation develops. Avoid applying anything other than eye shadow directly to the eyelids.
- Step 1: Paint a superhero mask Create a superhero mask that won't fly off by sponging a large oval shape around each eye with a connector over the bridge of the nose. Outline the whole mask with a black line using a paintbrush.
- Step 2: Cat face Make a wildcat or cowardly lion by covering the whole face in a blend of yellows, grays, or browns. Paint the nose and mouth on top in black or pink, and whiskers in gray or white.
- TIP: Use short, overlapping strokes with a small brush to give the fur a textured look.
- Step 3: Paint a witch or Frankenstein face Cover the face with a green base to become a witch or Frankenstein's monster. Overlay it with black eyeliner around the forehead, mouth, and eyes to create wrinkles and scars.
- TIP: Affix a strand of hair from a paintbrush with false-eyelash glue on top of a thick brown dot of eyeliner or paint to make a creepy wart.
- Step 4: Paint a skeleton or mummy Coat the face in a layer of white, and smudge black around the eyes, mouth, and nostrils to make a skeleton face. Draw on teeth with black eyeliner. To mummify the skeleton, add bandage outlines with brown shadows to make them look tattered and dirty.
- Step 5: Be a fairy princess Make your little princess into a pretty fairy by painting artistic whirls in lavender and pink, starting from the corners of the eyes and moving up to the temples and down the outer part of the cheeks. Accent the curvy lines with a thin silver line or whimsical dots, and complete the look with pink eye shadow and lipstick. Now let your little monsters loose to go collect their stash!
- FACT: In ancient Celtic times some people believed that one day a year witches and fairies roamed the streets along with ghosts of the dead. Their tradition of leaving food out to appease them evolved into the modern tradition of trick-or-treating.
You Will Need
- Face paints
- Black eyeliner
- Eye shadow
- False eyelash glue (optional)