- : Sugar scrubs are not recommended for the face.
- Step 1: Combine ingredients Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix them with a spatula until everything is thoroughly blended.
- TIP: You can also add 3 tablespoons fresh coffee grounds for an added exfoliant.
- Step 2: Apply Gently apply the scrub to wet skin using a circular motion. Concentrate on dry or rough patches of skin, avoiding sensitive or irritated areas, and cut or sunburned spots.
- Step 3: Rinse Rinse your skin thoroughly with warm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Step 4: Experiment Experiment by adding different essential oils and fragrances from specialty markets to find your favorite mix.
- Step 5: Store Store the leftover scrub in an airtight container, or make more and put it into small jars to give as gifts.
- FACT: Contrary to popular belief, brown sugar isn't any healthier than raw or white sugar.
You Will Need
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c. white sugar
- 5 tbsp. almond oil
- 5 tbsp. jojoba oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vitamin E
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Airtight container
- 3 tbsp. fresh coffee grounds (optional)
- Other essential oils (optional)