- Step 1: Use phone company custom calling services Use phone company custom calling services. Program your phone to block calls from specific numbers, or block calls from the last person who called you.
- TIP: Call Return is a phone company custom service that allows you to call back callers with unknown numbers.
- Step 2: Use a privacy manager service Use a privacy manager service offered by many phone companies. A privacy manager service requires anonymous callers to identify themselves in order to complete the call.
- Step 3: Consider an inbound call blocker product Consider an inbound call blocker product that only allows callers to ring through by entering a numeric code through their touch-tone keys.
- TIP: The downside of inbound call blockers is that many can block calls from emergency services or other important unexpected callers.
- Step 4: Use call blocking phone apps Use call blocking applications available for specific smartphone models, including Android and Blackberry. Be aware, though, that not all models offer call blocking apps.
- Step 5: Register with the Do Not Call Registry Register your phone number online with the Federal Trade Commission's National Do Not Call Registry. The National Do Not Call Registry is an effective method to block unwanted spam calls.
- FACT: In 1995, a prankster called Buckingham Palace, impersonated Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, and talked to the queen for 17 minutes.
You Will Need
- Phone company custom calling services
- Phone company privacy manager
- Inbound call blocker
- Smartphone call blocker apps
- National Do Not Call Registry account