- Step 1: Look up Stand in the spot where you want to plant the tree and look up. Make sure nothing is in the way -- Autumn Blazes can grow to be 50 feet tall.
- Step 2: Look for shade Look for shade that still allows some sunlight. The tree will grow better in a partially shaded area.
- Step 3: Feel the soil Feel the soil. The Autumn Blaze requires moist but well-draining soil. Even though the tree is relatively drought tolerant, plant it in an area that you can water during a dry spell.
- TIP: If your soil is compacted, you can aerate it to better accommodate the tree.
- Step 4: Measure out 20 feet Measure 20 feet from the nearest building or other tall tree. The Autumn Blaze has a tendency to spread up to 40 feet in diameter.
- Step 5: Consider shallow roots Consider the impact of its shallow and sometimes surface root system. Chances are this tree is a good choice for just about anywhere you want to plant it.
- FACT: The Autumn Blaze maple tree is a hybrid maple that was created in Ohio by crossing the best qualities of silver and red maple trees.
You Will Need
- Height clearance
- Partial shade
- Well-draining soil
- Width clearance
- Shallow root consideration
- Aeration (optional)