- Step 1: Make cookies Make diet-friendly cookies. Try whipping up a batch of dried cranberry and honey-spice pinwheel cookies with whole grain flour and healthy ingredients. Or, make meringues, which are low in fat and calories.
- Step 2: Whip up a strawberry angel food dessert Cut up chunks of low-fat angel food cake and mix with thawed frozen strawberries and a container of fat-free cool whip. Chill the strawberry angel food dessert overnight and serve it as a trifle.
- Step 3: Make pecan pie Make a low-fat pecan pie with molasses, pure maple syrup, and natural oils, and reap the benefits of the vitamin E found in pecans.
- TIP: Pecans contain antioxidant properties that can help lower the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Step 4: Use unsalted butter, cocoa, and chocolate Incorporate unsalted butter, unsweetened cocoa, and dark chocolate when you bake to guard against high blood pressure, rapid weight gain, and elevated triglyceride levels.
- Step 5: Fix a pumpkin pie Fix a holiday-worthy pumpkin pie. Make it crustless to lose calories. One cup of pumpkin contains more than 200 percent of Vitamin A needed daily.
- FACT: In 2010, over half of Americans were convinced that high-fructose corn syrup posed a health hazard, up from 40 percent in 2004.
You Will Need