- Step 1: Read Read books. The more correct usage you become familiar with, the easier it'll be to identify when something "sounds" or "feels" wrong.
- Step 2: Buy workbooks Buy grammar workbooks. Grammar workbooks are available at bookstores and usually include assessment tests that will identify your weak spots.
- Step 3: Focus on the difficult Focus your energy on the parts of grammar with which you have the most trouble.
- Step 4: Do exercises Do exercises to solidify your understanding of English grammar.
- TIP: Use the internet to find free grammar exercises.
- Step 5: Study parts of speech Study the eight basic parts of speech so you're familiar with their grammatical components. Parts of speech explain how words are used.
- FACT: More than 377 million people around the world speak English as their first language.
You Will Need
- Internet access (optional)