- Step 1: Keep away from money Try not to fight about money, and don't let an argument about something else evolve into a battle over finances. In a survey, couples reported that money spats rarely led to make-up sex.
- Step 2: Woo her Guys, if you want make-up sex, you're probably going to have to be the one to extend the olive branch. According to research, men are instinctively drawn to kissing and making up. So don't just apologize: start wooing her!
- Step 3: Put the fight aside Don't worry if you haven't totally resolved the problem that made you mad in the first place; it can wait. Part of the reason make-up sex feels so good is because the adrenaline rush you experience during a fight gets transferred
- TIP: Resolving a disagreement is easier after sex thanks to the body being flooded with oxytocin, the so-called "cuddling" hormone.
- Step 4: Don't be passive-aggressive Participate fully and enthusiastically in the make-up sex--or don't participate at all. Passive-aggressiveness will only complicate matters.
- TIP: Make your spat part of the make-up sex by incorporating a little good-natured bondage and discipline.
- Step 5: Don't ignore big problems Don't use sex to avoid fixing serious problems in your relationship. Make-up sex is great, but it can only take a couple so far.
- FACT: Chimpanzees kiss and make up after fights, and bonobo apes have make-up sex.
You Will Need