- : Pregnant women should not go in hot tubs.
- Step 1: Stay at home Confine hot tub sex to your own hot tub, or that of someone you can count on to maintain theirs properly. Studies have found a lot of germs in public ones.
- Step 2: Use lubrication Use a silicone lubricant; water washes away both a woman's natural lubrication and water-based lubricants.
- TIP: Exposing the vagina to chlorine can change its natural pH, leading to a yeast infection.
- Step 3: Plan ahead If you normally rely on spermicide or condoms for birth control, have another plan: Both are less effective in water.
- Step 4: Set the mood Set the mood with candles, music, and cold drinks and snacks. Try to take your dip during a sunrise or sunset.
- Step 5: Fool around Take advantage of the water's buoyancy to experiment with different sexual positions.
- TIP: Ladies, position yourself toward the jets and let the water pressure do the rest. You'll feel great, and your partner will enjoy the show.
- Step 6: Head for dry land Continue the session on dry land. When it comes to underwater sex, there can be too much of a good thing!
- FACT: New York City made it into the Guinness Book of World Records in June 2001 for the World's Largest Hot Tub with a 112,900-pound tub containing 13,000 gallons of water.
You Will Need
- Privately owned hot tub
- Silicone-based lubricant
- Cold drinks and snacks