- Step 1: Send a note Send your patrons a handwritten note. Taking the time to express your thanks in a personalized way shows sincerity your customers will value.
- TIP: Have your logo or letterhead printed on plain note cards to convey professionalism.
- Step 2: Offer deals Offer your best customers special deals or discounts. Usually given to attract new customers, giving established clients these perks will let them know they are appreciated. In return, they will keep giving you their business.
- Step 3: Acknowledge them publicly Acknowledge good customers publicly by mentioning them on your website, in a publication, or on your Twitter page. They'll feel special if you take the time to give them a personal shout-out.
- Step 4: Check in Check in periodically with customers to either help solve any problems they're having or to solicit their feedback. Thank them for their input and let them know if you've implemented any suggestions they've given you.
- Step 5: Share information Share information with your best customers regarding new products and services. Letting them be the first to know will make them feel important.
- Step 6: Send a gift Send a gift tailored to their interests. A gift card to a local coffeehouse or bookstore will show them that you see them as an individual and that you pay attention to details. You'll stand out in the sea of anonymous businesses.
- FACT: A 2009 survey of shoppers found the top three retailers based on customer service were L.L.Bean, Overstock.com, and Zappos.
You Will Need
- Handwritten note
- Special deal and discount offers
- Public acknowledgment
- Periodic check-ins
- Information sharing
- Personalized gift
- Note cards (optional)