- Step 1: Reach out Reach out to a friend in another country. Friendship Day is now an international event.
- Step 2: Exchange cards Exchange cards with friends. It is also traditional to exchange flowers and gifts.
- TIP: Gift card companies often have promotional campaigns at the time of Friendship Day.
- Step 3: Exchange wristbands Exchange friendship wristbands with a special friend. Girls also exchange friendship bracelets.
- Step 4: Read Winnie the Pooh Locate a copy of A.A. Milne's children's book Winnie the Pooh. In 1997, the United Nations declared Pooh the world's ambassador of friendship.
- Step 5: Throw a party Throw a party. Friendship Day is often celebrated by young people with boisterous parties. And while friendship is not just for the young, having a youthful spirit can help in any celebration among friends.
- FACT: American philosopher Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote, "The only way to have a friend is to be one."
You Will Need
- Friend from another country
- or gifts
- Wristband or bracelet
- Winnie the Pooh