- Step 1: Exercise Exercise on a regular basis, eat right and take care of yourself physically. A healthy body is a healthy mind.
- Step 2: Set rules, boundaries, and limitations Set rules, boundaries, and limitations for yourself in regards to your career, health, and family.
- Step 3: Recognize feelings of frustration and nervousness Recognize feelings of frustration and nervousness as signs you are getting distracted from your direction. Tackle situations with assertiveness and stay calm to remain in control.
- TIP: Taking responsibility for your own actions will make you feel more confident and in control of your life.
- Step 4: Reward yourself Reward yourself for keeping on track with your rules, boundaries, and limitations. Just as an owner would reward a dog with affection for being obedient, give yourself a pat on the back and recognize your accomplishments.
- Step 5: Fulfill all your needs Fulfill all your needs. If something is missing in your life, you must reach within yourself to discover that element in order to achieve total balance.
- FACT: American psychologist Abraham Maslow developed Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, a theory that states a person must satisfy lower levels of need before achieving higher levels. The 5 layers of need in his theory are: physiological, safety, love and belonging, esteem, and self-actualization.
You Will Need
- Recognition of needs