- Step 1: Catch him in the act Catch the dog in the act of chewing and stay clam. Do not take the shoe away from him.
- Step 2: Tap the dog Tap the dog on the neck or backside. It will distract him and make him drop the shoe.
- TIP: If the tap doesn't work, offer the dog a toy or treat to move his attention away from the shoe.
- Step 3: Take the shoe Take the shoe away from the dog. Place it in an area that is yours so the dog will learn that's where the shoes belong.
- Step 4: Use body language Use body language and energy to communicate to the dog that the shoe belongs to you. Sending the dog energy that says you don't approve of what it's doing will help it learn.
- Step 5: Give a toy Give the dog a safe toy to chew. Repeat this process with anything the dog is not allowed to wrap his jaws around.
- FACT: Nike's logo, the famous swoosh, was designed after the Greek God Nike's wings. The freelancer was paid only $35 for the design which appeared on the first shoe in 1972.
You Will Need
- Chewed shoe
- Treats (optional)