- Step 1: Consider an Abyssinian If you're looking for a playful, intelligent cat, consider an Abyssinian or a colorpoint shorthair. Abyssians are colorful cats because each hair in their coat is a combination of colors.
- TIP: Some believe the Abyssinian is a direct descendant of the cats that were worshiped by the ancient Egyptians.
- Step 2: Investigate a Devon Rex Investigate a Devon Rex. These cats have large eyes and huge ears, making them look somewhat elfish. This is an affectionate cat that has relatively few health issues.
- Step 3: Research a Singapura Want a cat who stays a kitten forever? Research a Singapura. This is a muscular cat with large eyes and ears that never outgrows its kitten size.
- Step 4: Ponder a Russian Blue If you're looking for an independent cat, think about Russian Blue breed.
- TIP: Russian Blues are fairly compatible with other pets and children -- something to keep in mind when researching.
- Step 5: Explore a Javanese If you want a cat that loves attention, think about getting a Javanese. This is a strong muscular cat with long tapering lines.
- Step 6: Give some thought to a Cornish Rex Give some thought to a Cornish Rex. This is a cat with a soft coat. It is highly active and needs little grooming. Nice things do come in small packages after all, you just have the find the right one for you!
- FACT: The Singapura breed cat is considered the smallest cat breed in the world. Adult females weigh up to 6 pounds and males up to 8 pounds.
You Will Need
- Selection of cats to research
- Knowledge of compatibilty with other pets and children (optional)