- Step 1: Make a basket Put together a specialized basket of your best friend's favorite items. An avid reader might like a first-edition book by a favorite author, and maybe designer bookmarks along with treats that they can enjoy while reading.
- Step 2: Buy a spa day If she needs to unwind, treat her to a day of pampering at a spa, with your heartfelt encouragement that she relax and enjoy herself.
- Step 3: Choose jewelry Choose her birthstone as a gift, or choose a piece of costume jewelry from a boutique you know she frequents.
- Step 4: Pick clothes Pick out clothes only if you know her size and taste well, or else the gift may be taken as commentary on her fashion sense.
- TIP: Play it safe by choosing a plain black purse that'll go with most outfits.
- Step 5: Give a pot Give a glazed earthenware pot filled with plants or flowers.
- Step 6: Give an eco-friendly gift If you know she's eco-conscious, show you respect her commitment to the environment by putting together a gift basket of eco-friendly toiletries and cosmetics.
- Step 7: Create a memento collage Create a friendship collage or shadowbox with photos and mementos that commemorate the fun times you've had together. Add her favorite tea or gourmet coffees. She'll be sure to love it!
- FACT: The Chinese head of state gave President Nixon 2 giant pandas in 1972 as a token of friendship responding to Nixon's historic goodwill trip.
You Will Need
- Knowledge of her taste