- Step 1: Find online coupons Find online coupon codes before you buy. Simply type the name of the shop or product into the search engine along with the word "coupon" or "coupon code." Search online for sites that offer coupon codes for a number of stores.
- TIP: You can search for online coupons any day of the year.
- Step 2: Find free stuff Find retailers that offer free gifts with a purchase. That free stuff can turn into presents or stocking stuffers for friends and family.
- Step 3: Save time and money Save time and money by going to websites where you can compare prices on an item for the best deal, get coupon codes, and receive cash back for purchases.
- Step 4: Use a smartphone Use an internet-enabled smartphone to download shopping applications to help you get the best deal. This way, you can get deals while on the go.
- TIP: Some smartphone apps can turn your camera into a barcode scanner so you can find the best price online for something you're looking at in a store.
- Step 5: Know when to buy Know when to buy online. Wait to purchase books and apparel until the last day of free shipping, to wait for prices to fall even further. Snap up toys and DVDs right away, which may become scarce around the holidays.
- Step 6: Reduce buyer's remorse Reduce the risk of buyer's remorse by paying attention to price guarantees, which means if an item goes on sale after you buy it, the store will refund you the difference. You can enter your purchases into sites that will e-mail you if a product is marked down after you buy it. Happy shopping.
- FACT: In 2009, comScore reported that online spending on Cyber Monday increased to $887 million, up 5 percent from the previous year.
You Will Need