- Step 1: Visit CyberMonday.com Visit "CyberMonday.com":http://www.cybermonday.com/ before Cyber Monday. Sign up for e-mail alerts from the site that will include hourly deals on the Monday after Thanksgiving.
- Step 2: Network with your favorite retailers Network with your favorite retailers on social media sites. You will get messages with the best deals on Cyber Monday.
- Step 3: Sign up for e-mails Sign up to receive e-mails directly from the retailer's site. Be sure to read each e-mail they send for special savings and shipping offers.
- Step 4: Let the web comparison shop Let the web comparison shop for you. Visit bargain and sale sites to compare prices on items from one location.
- Step 5: Shop through your bank Shop through your bank's website to get a percentage off for using their card.
- TIP: Research beforehand which retailers are affiliated with these savings.
- Step 6: Look for cash back programs Look for cash-back programs from retailers. You may have to pay the total up front and fill out forms to receive a check in the mail but the savings will be worth the effort.
- Step 7: Do your homework Do your homework before Cyber Monday; what seems like a good deal might not be. Know what price retailers are asking for each item on your list and compare your research to the deals on Cyber Monday. If the item is a steal, jump on it. If not, don't let the rush of Cyber Monday get the best of you.
- FACT: In 2009, 87 percent of retailers posted a special promotion for Cyber Monday, up from 83.7 percent in 2008 and 72.2 percent in 2007.
You Will Need
- E-mail account
- List of needed items