- Step 1: Saute it Cut the zucchini into desired shape and saute it with sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions or other vegetables in oil. Season it to taste and serve up as a healthful side dish.
- TIP: Add beaten eggs in a pan with a sauteed zucchini medley and stir until done for tasty eggs with vegetables.
- Step 2: Grill it Cut the zucchini into quarter-inch thick circles. Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Put the slices directly onto a hot grill and cook until fork-tender, turning once.
- Step 3: Fry it Make zucchini into an indulgent treat by dishing up zucchini fries. Slice the zucchini into thin strips and then dip the strips into flour, egg, and then seasoned breadcrumbs in sequence. Fry them in hot oil until golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese or salt and drain on a paper towel.
- TIP: Do not cover the pan when frying or sauteing zucchini or it will become soggy.
- Step 4: Add it to spaghetti Shred zucchini and add it to your favorite tomato-based sauces or other pasta casseroles for a nutritious boost, without altering the taste of other ingredients.
- Step 5: Make bread Turn zucchini into something different by baking it into sweet bread. That way you'll get a serving of vegetables with dessert. Enjoy many healthy ways to eat zucchini.
- FACT: Zucchini is known as a "courgette" in the U.K.
You Will Need