- Step 1: Make the first move Don't wait for a man you're interested in to approach you -- strike up a conversation with him. Women who make the first move have up to a 90 percent success rate.
- Step 2: Play the field Play the field, even if you've met someone you really like. To date like a man, you must operate on the assumption that there might be someone even better out there -- at least until you've had enough time to know for sure that there isn't.
- Step 3: Chill Chill out! Don't view every person you date as a potential life partner. Focus on having fun, not finding true love.
- Step 4: Don't get too invested Don't invest too much of yourself early in a relationship. Save the personal sacrifices and grand gestures for when he's earned them.
- TIP: Don't introduce a guy to your family until he's taken you to meet his.
- Step 5: Keep your options open Keep your options open. Resist making plans with a man too far in advance, and don't try to book him for holidays or pin him down to vacations too early in the romance.
- Step 6: Don't settle down too soon Don't settle down until you have the education and experience to take care of yourself. Men often like to wait until their career is established and they're financially stable before they get serious with someone, and that's a good plan for women, too.
- FACT: 40 percent of men date multiple women simultaneously, according to one poll. More than half of those men juggle at least 6 women.
You Will Need
- Full playing field
- Relaxed attitude