- Step 1: Open the charcoal capsule Open an activated charcoal capsule into a small bowl. The black charcoal powder provides the color for the mascara.
- TIP: Use less charcoal powder for lighter-colored mascara.
- Step 2: Add aloe vera Add 1/4 teaspoon of aloe vera gel to the charcoal capsule. Aloe vera helps condition your eyelashes and will leave your eyelashes soft.
- Step 3: Mix the ingredients Thoroughly mix the aloe vera with the charcoal capsule until the mixture is a thick paste.
- Step 4: Apply mascara Apply the mascara to the tips of your eyelashes with a clean or new wand. Use smooth movements.
- TIP: If mascara gets too close to the root of your eyelashes, you could block the glands on your eyelids that help your eyelids form tears, and your eyes might not get the lubrication they need.
- Step 5: Discard mascara Discard the remaining mascara after use. Even natural mascara can grow bacteria and cause eye irritation or infection. Enjoy the emphasis you've given your eyes.
- FACT: The most common injuries involving cosmetics are scratches to the cornea with a mascara wand.
You Will Need
- Activated charcoal capsule
- Small bowl
- 1/4 tsp. of aloe vera gel
- Mascara wand