- Step 1: Prep your lids Apply a neutral eyelid base, from lash line to eyebrows; then brush a neutral shadow over that.
- Step 2: Add some shimmer Put some shimmer under your eyebrows, from the highest point of your brow to just beyond the outer edge. Then brush some shimmer on the lids.
- TIP: In burlesque makeup, eyebrows should be very dark and very polished, with a pronounced natural arch.
- Step 3: Create a hollow Create a hollow by brushing a brown or mauve shade into the outer corner of your eyebrow crease. The darkness of the color is up to you.
- Step 4: Line your eyes Line your eyelid with black liner, drawing wings at the end of each lid for cat eyes. Then glue on fake eyelashes, which are de rigueur when you do burlesque makeup.
- TIP: Experts recommend liquid eyeliner for a more theatrical look.
- Step 5: Add white liner Line the inside of your bottom lids with white liner to open them up and make your eye whites brighter; then brush a little black mascara on the bottom lashes.
- Step 6: Add some red Brush on some blush, color your lips blood red, and you're ready to sizzle in your sexy burlesque makeup!
- FACT: Burlesque queen Dita Von Teese's birth name is Heather Sweet.
You Will Need
- Eyelid base and shadow
- Eye shimmer
- Brown or mauve eye shadow
- Black liquid eyeliner
- Fake eyelashes
- White eyeliner
- Black mascara
- Red lipstick