- Step 1: Get a bicycle Ditch the car, and run errands on a bicycle built for 2. All that peddling will keep your buns tight.
- Step 2: Shop locally Make food shopping a sensual experience by feeding each other samples at your local farmers market.
- Step 3: Dine by candlelight Power down! Every meal is romantic when you turn off the TV and dine by candlelight. Use soy candles; they're toxin-free and biodegradable.
- TIP: Store candles in the freezer; they'll burn longer and drip less.
- Step 4: Take evening walks Work off dinner with an evening walk instead of parking yourselves in front of the TV or your computers. Turning off the TV for an hour saves 130 to 350 watts of power, and shutting off the computer conserves 43 to 80 watts per hour.
- Step 5: Lower the temperature Lower the thermostat at night; you'll have to rely on body heat to keep warm under the covers. In fact, you just may be inspired to work up a sweat. And you thought there was nothing sexy about the environment.
- FACT: 86 percent of engaged couples surveyed said they want to make at least part of their wedding green.
You Will Need
- Bicycle built for 2
- Farmers market
- Soy candles
- Evening strolls
- Body heat