- Step 1: Create the base Create the base of the stand. Screw 4 of the 4-foot pipes into the 5-way pipe junction. Put an end cap on the open end of each of these pipes.
- Step 2: Add the 8-foot pipe Screw the 8-foot pipe into the fifth slot of the 5-way splitter. Then attach the 3-way pipe junction to the other end of the 8-foot pipe.
- Step 3: Attach remaining pipes Attach the remaining 4-foot pipes by screwing them into the 2 open slots of the 3-way splitter. Cap the remaining open ends of the pipes.
- Step 4: Weld the rings Weld the two iron rings about 6 inches from the far ends of the 2 top pipes of the stand.
- Step 5: Hang bag and weights Hang your heavy bag by the chain to one of rings on the upper pipes. Hang the counterweights the same way from the other welded ring.
- TIP: Make sure the counterweights equal the weight of your bag to ensure stability and prevent floor damage.
- Step 6: Tighten it down Tighten all the pipes with a pipe wrench until they are firmly secured to make sure your stand is strong and solid -- just like you'll be after your heavy bag workout.
- FACT: As of 2010, Rocky Marciano was the only heavyweight champion who retired undefeated.
You Will Need
- 6 4-ft. x 1-in. diameter iron pipes with threaded ends
- 1 8-ft. x 1-in. diameter iron pipe with threaded ends
- 6 1-in. end caps
- 1-in. five-way threaded iron pipe junction
- 1-in. three-way threaded iron pipe junction
- Welding unit
- 2 2-in x 1/4-in. diameter iron rings
- Counterweights equal to the weight of your heavy bag
- Heavy bag
- Pipe wrench