- Step 1: Become a fourteener Become a fourteener. A fourteener is a socialite who goes to dinner parties as the 14th guest to prevent parties from having 13 guests.
- Step 2: Don't get a haircut Don't get a haircut on a Friday the 13th or someone you love might die within a year.
- Step 3: Avoid 13 Avoid the number 13 at all costs. This means staying in a hotel room numbered 13, flying on the 13th row of an airplane, or taking an elevator to the 13th floor. This shouldn't be too hard though, as most tall buildings skip from the 12th to the 14th floor.
- TIP: If your name has 13 letters, adopt a nickname.
- Step 4: Stay inside Stay inside on Friday the 13th. Many people skip work to avoid missteps.
- Step 5: Don't have a baby It may be hard to avoid, but don't have a baby on Friday the 13th if you can help it. It is said that a baby born on Friday the 13th will be unlucky for life. Now rest easy you're taking the right Friday the 13th precautions.
- FACT: Triskaidekaphobia is a fear of the number 13.
You Will Need
- Dinner parties
- Avoidance of the number 13
- Patience to wait for the day to pass
- Nickname (optional)