- Step 1: Start a piggy bank Start a piggy bank. Pigs are a symbol of good luck in German culture. They bring wealth and prosperity.
- Step 2: Hang a horseshoe Hang a horseshoe above your doorway. It is said to protect from evil entering the household. A horseshoe's shape is also said to hold in luck.
- TIP: The number 7 is thought to bring good fortune, so try incorporating that into your home arrangements. Put seven flowers in a vase, for example.
- Step 3: Have a good-luck plant Have a good-luck plant around the house. Bamboo and four-leaf clover plants are both perfect for this.
- Step 4: Decorate with bugs Decorate with bugs, or bug designs. Find something with a bug print, such as plates or place mats. Ladybugs and dragonflies are both said to bring luck.
- Step 5: Remember color Remember color in your design. Rainbows represent good luck, so try to bring as many colors of the rainbow as you can to your home. Enjoy all the luck that will come your way.
- FACT: Lucky Charms cereal first hit shelves in 1964.
You Will Need
- Piggy bank
- Things with a bug design