- Step 1: Get moving Get moving with some quick exercises like jumping jacks or push-ups wherever you are. Bursts of activity will increase your heart rate and blood flow to your brain for a quick pick-me-up.
- Step 2: Go for a quick walk Take time to head for a quick 10-minute walk in the sunshine. The sights and sounds of nature can elevate your mood and the Vitamin D from sunlight can give you a boost of energy.
- TIP: Consider purchasing specially designed desk lamps that simulate sunlight and boost mood and energy even during the grayest winter days.
- Step 3: Motivate with music Flip on some motivational music to get your heart rate up, your mind focused, and your enthusiasm for the day chugging.
- Step 4: Chow on a healthy snack Chow down on a healthy snack like nuts, which contain protein to dilate blood vessels and help with blood flow.
- TIP: Protein also boosts mental alertness and energy, and keeps you from crashing later.
- Step 5: Help a friend Help a friend in need for that rush of good feeling chemicals called endorphins. You can feel the same high by laughing at a funny video, cartoon, or joke as well.
- Step 6: Surround yourself with happy people Surround yourself with naturally happy people and hand out a few compliments to feel instantly energized the rest of the day.
- FACT: The Red Bull Energy Drink was founded in 1984, and the drink was an instant success when it hit Austrian markets in 1987.
You Will Need
- Quick exercises
- 10-minute walk
- Motivational music
- Healthy snacks
- Happy friends
- Specially designed desk lamp (optional)