- Step 1: Write egg messages Dye eggs as a couple for sentimental fun. Write romantic love messages on the eggs with a white crayon that, once dyed, magically appear.
- Step 2: Have picnic Find a secluded, shady area in the park for an old fashioned picnic lunch. Pack a basket with some Easter ham, fresh bread, and a bottle of wine. Take the time to relax.
- Step 3: Make it personal Forgo the usual plastic grass for the Easter basket in favor of a riot of pastel-colored paper hearts and love notes. Add song lyrics, retold memories, mementos, or pithy quotes to make the holiday more personal.
- Step 4: Surprise with flowers Surprise her with gorgeous, potted Easter lilies.
- Step 5: Honor his team Spray paint his favorite team's colors or players' number on a basket, toolbox, bucket, or tackle box, and add team stickers. Fill it with candy and other team memorabilia. He'll love you for it.
- FACT: The date of Easter was first established in 325 CE at the First Council of Nicaea, convened by Constantine. It was arranged to fall on the first Sunday following a first ecclesiastical full moon that occurs on or after the day of the vernal equinox.
You Will Need
- Egg dye
- White crayon
- Plastic Easter eggs
- A basket or other container
- Love notes
- or jewelry
- Paper hearts