- Step 1: Go to the BAA Go to the website of the Boston Athletic Association -- the official organization of the Boston Marathon -- at baa.org.
- Step 2: Click on marathon results Click on current marathon results or search the archives for results for the past ten years.
- Step 3: Get the top finishers Click on Display Top Finishers to get a list of the top-15 finishers in a number of categories, including men, women, wheelchairs men, wheelchairs women, and top finishers by age group.
- Step 4: Enter search criteria Enter search criteria to get specific results. Search options include first name, last name, bib number, official time, age, gender, and country of residence.
- TIP: You only need to enter one search criteria, but the more specific your search, the more specific your results.
- Step 5: Choose sort options Choose the sort options for your list, which may be arranged either by name or finish time. If your friend's results aren't there, see if they have pictures to prove they actually ran!
- FACT: The first Boston Marathon took place in 1897. The first Bostonian to win the event was Arthur Ross, in 1916.
You Will Need
- Internet access