- Step 1: Authenticate Authenticate your Beanie Babies through an expert, especially if you suspect you own a rare model, or one of the counterfeits produced.
- Step 2: Visit the Ty Website Visit ty.com to determine when your Beanie Babies were retired, or to verify whether they are limited editions.
- Step 3: Evaluate the condition Evaluate the condition of your Beanie Babies, also noting the presence and condition of the Ty tag.
- TIP: A missing tag may drop the value as much as 50 percent.
- Step 4: Consult a guide Consult a Beanie Babies price guide book, magazine, or online catalog to determine a rough idea of the toy's value.
- Step 5: Conduct an advanced search Conduct an advanced search for recently completed auctions of similar models to gain an understanding of today's value for specific Beanie Babies.
- TIP: Sell Beanie Babies as singles rather than as a collection for the best return on your investment.
- Step 6: Estimate value Estimate your Beanie Babies' value conservatively as sales may fluctuate from the high to low side. Now, if you can part with that lovingly collected herd of wide-eyed Beanies, you'll know you're getting a fair market price.
- FACT: The brains behind the Beanie Babies craze and fortune, Ty Warner, dropped out of college to pursue a career in acting before founding Ty, Inc.
You Will Need
- Internet research
- Price guides
- Current auction price